Mission, Vision & Aims
Happy to be here – A place where everyone feels valued, included and is listened to. A place where we play, develop a love for learning and have fun!
North Islington is a school where….
- Children feel happy, safe and secure
- Everyone feels valued, listened to and important as an individual
- Diversity is celebrated and used as a way of finding out more about the world around us
- The teaching and learning is child centred, built upon what children already know, is stimulating, exciting and challenging and enables every child to achieve their best.
- Children develop their lively enquiring minds, with supportive adults who provide opportunities to develop questioning skills and enable active, confident learners
- Families are welcomed, supported and encouraged to work with the school to achieve the best for their child
- A healthy lifestyle is promoted and shared in an age/stage appropriate way
- We celebrate success and support children in discovering their individual strengths
- Children develop self-esteem, respect for each other, confidence, resilience and self-worth
We work to achieve and maintain our vision by…
- Planning in the moment – allowing children to lead their own play alongside responsive adults, ready to build on what children already know
- Celebrating and valuing success by displaying children’s individual work, making books, displaying photos, creating learning journals and sharing with parents/carers
- In partnership with parents we effectively Identify the needs of individuals
- Providing an environment where children are free to select their own resources, direct their own play, face challenges and refine and evaluate their own work
- Fostering an ethos of respect, kindness and encouragement
- Using the characteristics of effective learning to tune into what children are doing and how best they can be supported and challenged
- Sharing agreed guidelines and policies with all who use the school
- Evaluating all we do to continue to improve practice and outcomes for all children.